In the Old Testament God revealed Himself by various names. Those names reveal His character and His desire to meet the needs of mankind. When we pray for people we can pray for them according to the names of God:
- He is my Righteousness, Jeremiah 23:6
- He is my Peace, Judges 6:24
- He is my Banner going into war, Exodus 17:15
- He is my Provider, Genesis 22:14
- He is my Shepherd, Psalm 23:1
- He is my Healer, Exodus 15:26
- He is our Holiness, Leviticus 20:8
We pray by asking questions:
- Is there any kind of evil going on in your house – bad character by your children, spouse or parents? Because my god is a God who wants to establish righteousness in our lives.
- Does your house/family/life have peace? My God wants our lives and families to be filled with peace. Let’s pray right now asking God’s peace to fill your life.
- Is there any demonic disturbances in your life? Dreams? Presence of evil? Fear? Our God is a God of power who wants to drive out all demonic power in our lives.
- How is your finances? Do you lack? Do you have financial problems? Our God is a God who provides for His children. He knows your situation and wants to help you.
- Do you face any big decisions or don’t know what to do in a situation? If so, our God is a God who shepherds His people and guides them to the right places. We can ask our God to guide you in the decisions and situation you face.
- Is there any sickness in your life or family? Our God is a god who heals. He wants to show His power in your life and give you good health and heal you.
- Do you have any sinful issues that are binding you? Bad habits that are affecting you spiritually, emotionally or physically? Anybody in your household? Our God is a holy God. He wants our lives to be holy. We can pray for you about this.
When you are visiting house to house or when you meet someone for an altar call or in any situation you can use these points to pray for them.
- Ask the question.
- Listen to their answer.
- Tell them about the power and love of our God to solve that problem.
- Pray with them.