1 Kings 19:4-19; 2 Kings 2:2-15
1. We must continually raise up Leaders to fill the need for the next generation.
2. The current generation of Leaders must look for and challenge the next generation of Leaders (not just adults but current youth leaders preparing the next generation).
3. The potential leader must count the cost, pay the price by sacrificing and follow.
4. The potential leader takes the initiative to stay close and “shadow” his mentor.
5. The potential leader sees the strengths, experience and fruit of his mentor and desires it.
6. The Senior Leader passes his authority on to his mentee.
7. Others recognize the transfer of spiritual authority.
This is true for Church, business, Family, organization, ministry.