Cynde and I moved ourselves and our four children to Cambodia in April 1995. We lived here for 12 years then went back to the United States for 5 years. We returned in November 2011. We moved here to do our part in bringing blessing to the people of Cambodia in seven spheres of society:
- Religion – Lead them into a relationship with the Living God, the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Social Relationships – Help them develop healthy relationships among husbands and wives, family members and friends and neighbors.
- Education – Help them achieve an education that will give them job skills to support themselves and their families and help move Cambodia out of the Killing Fields into the 20th/21st Century.
- Business – Help Cambodians learn biblical business practices that will put them in a position to receive God’s blessings and prosper their business.
- Government – Have influence with government to help them establish and run their government according to biblical principles.
- Arts and Entertainment – Help Christians and the Christian Church have a voice in dance, music, drama, sports and the entertainment world to bring a positive and moral influence in the nation.
- Media – Help Christians and the Christian Church have a voice in radio and TV to bring a positive, moral influence in the nation.
We have had varying degrees of success in this endeavor but after more than 20 years of investing in Cambodia and now in our early sixties we can say we are still passionate and excited everyday about what God has done, what He is doing and what He will do. We are still involved in the church that we helped plant, New Life Fellowship, which now has about 2,000 people in attendance in Phnom Penh and 180+ congregations in 14 provinces. We have a strategy to plant 500 more congregations in the next five years including 7 city churches. New Life School has more than 225 students and our Children at Risk Ministry supports more than 250 children to stay in school through out Cambodia. All thanks to your faithful prayers and generous giving.
Thank you so much for your personal donations that keep us in Cambodia. We have sold everything in the USA and all of our possessions are now in Cambodia. God willing, this is where we will live and die – investing our strength and experience to help bring positive change in this nation of Smiling People!
Below is a montage of photos from 2015.